Becoming a RON Step by Step
Verify that you meet the Notary Requirements.
– 18 Years of Age
– Florida Resident
– Have not been convicted of a felony**
– You have received your Notary Commission (included in your RON package)
Register to become a Florida Notary.
Your registration includes the state of Florida filing fees, $7,500 Notary Bond, Notary Stamp/Seal, and Registration for Notary Education course for first time notaries. After registering you will be taken directly to the online Notary Application.
Complete the Notary Application.
Florida Notary Bonding Agency’s Fast-App provides you with an electronic version of the state application. Simply fill out the Application, print, sign, and mail to Florida Notary Bonding Agency.
Earn Your RON Education Course Certificate.
Florida Notary Bonding Agency makes it very easy to take your RON course since we got our own course approved by the state! We automatically enroll you in the RON education course, and you receive your certificate without ever navigating away from our website.
Mail your signed documents to the state of Florida.
The required documents include:
- “Application Registration for Online Notary Public” Form (Signed and Notarized). This form requires that you have your Notary commission from the state.
- We will provide you an updated copy of this form as soon as your commission is issued by the state.
A copy of your Remote Online Notary 2-hour Course Certificate (Signed)
- “Online Notary Public: Required Information” Form (Red boxes filled in with your choice of RON Service Provider and Signed)
- A copy of your Notary Bond (Signed)
- A copy of your our RON E&O policy
- A copy of your Notary Commission Certificate. Florida Notary Bonding Agency will mail this to you as soon as we receive it from the state.
- $10 check payable to Florida Department of State
Mail all those documents to:
USPS: Florida Department of State
Division of Corporations, ATTN: Notaries
PO Box 6327
Tallahassee, FL 32314
UPS or FEDEX: Division of Corporations
2415 N Monroe St, Suite 810
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Approved in 1-2 weeks.
Check the status of your RON Approval by visiting: https://online-notary.sunbiz.org/
* +$20 for Shipping & Processing Fee.
** Please ensure that you understand the scope of your appointment and if you have any questions about being or becoming a Florida Notary, please visit our FAQ section or contact our professionals at Florida Notary Agency.