Notary Frequently Asked Questions
Remote Online Notarization signers appears before the Notary at the time of the notarization using audio-visual technology over the internet instead of being physically present in the same room. Remote online notarization is also called webcam notarization, online notarization or virtual notarization.
The benefits of being a Remote Online Notary include:
- All parties experience a faster signing process
- Signings are more convenient and more efficient
- Fraud and Risk are reduced with digital identification proofing and credential analysis
- Paperwork is minimized for all concerned parties
- You save Time and Money and your clients save Time and Money
- Electronic signing creates permanent records of your notarizations
Many customers are already utilizing remote technologies. As a Remote Online Notary, you don’t need to be in the same room — or even the same state as the signers.
Virtual Notaries are required to have access to a computer, webcam, microphone, and secure connection to the internet. Your computer must be able to support two-way audio and visual communication to function with a compliant RON technology platform.
To register as a Remote Online Notary you all applicants must complete a 2-Hour Florida Remote Online Notary Certification Course (included in your Registration).
The documents to be notarized must be in an electronic form (such as a PDF on the RON’s computer). The RON and all Signers “meet” online using audiovisual technology (after COVID-19 almost everyone is familiar with the use of a webcam). Signers identify themselves electronically. Signers sign all documents using an electronic signature and the RON signs electronically and thereafter affix their electronic seal to the document(s). One of the beauties of online notarization is that the entire process is electronically recorded and archived.
* +$20 for Shipping & Processing Fee.